What if you are offered a funded trip to the moon? Wait wait, I am not kidding, a lunar mission with ordinary individuals is happening, and SpaceX is making it possible.
SpaceX Exploration Technologies Corporation founded by Elon Musk has made an announcement that it will take two civilians on a paid trip to the moon. This unthinkable trip from the earth to the moon which is nearly 384,400 km is being planned and will be executed in 2018.
It will be a private trip with two paying customers, the passengers are already decided, and they have also deposited the money for the journey. It is like a dream come true, isn’t it?
Elon Musk confirmed this news in a press conference and had also revealed the details of the trip which will be the first in 45 years for two normal individuals.
1. The announcement was made on 27 February by SpaceX
2. The trip will rely on SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy Rocket
3. The trip will also have Dragon 2 spacecraft
4. Musk also confirmed that the individuals approached the company last year
5. The trip will take about a week.